Red Brekkie day.

Monday, January 31, 2011


Dear Rustans, you are certainly going to love me for going to nowhere but you for all my supplies whether house or work. Just yesterday we filled a grocery cart full of items not just for cleaning supplies but fresh produce.

From left to right: basil, tomatoes, strawberries, fresh lemons, and marble potatoes. That and some fresh meats too. I absolutely adore the marinated pepper chicken breast fillet they have that I just slap on a pan griller laced in very little extra virgin olive oil. Sure, it's a little spicy but nothing like honey barbecue sauce could fix. I'm thinking of another siding recipe for the marble potatoes and adding cheese on them with a bit of herbs so the cheese isn't too rich. And the lemons? I've been dunking lemons in my water and they taste so much better. As I'm typing this now, I'm snacking on the fresh strawberries, which were actually leftovers from brekkie, which is so tres-chic in the carb side, and a little well, kiddy on the protein side.

Pancakes with butter (real butter, not the fake kind) and maple syrup topped with sliced fresh strawberries and kiddy hotdogs on the side. We just ran out of the Italian sausage since I made saffron risotto with sausage last Friday. Red is my favorite color, yes? If strawberries are quite tart for you, the maple syrup would sweeten things. The pancakes are just made from a mix, instead of from scratch, the just-add-water kind since I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and have no time to make things from scratch.


These strawberries are the ones that sell for Php150 a pack instead of the 300+ ones but they're just as good. I'm glad I got a pack with fruits that are firm, ripe, and semi-sweet. I never thought I'd finish fresh strawberries within the day, but the container's already half-full and I haven't finished this post yet.

Lunch calls! gotta go.

0 comments: